Announcing our Annual Business Meeting, Download the flyer and RSVP today!
Greene County Soil and Water Conservation District provides leadership, education, & technical assistance to Greene County citizens for the purpose of conserving & improving our soil, water, air, plants, forests, & animal resources for generations to come.
Purpose of Soil and Water Conservation Districts
To provide information about soil, water, and related natural resource conservation; identify and prioritize local soil and water resource concerns; and connect land users to sources of educational, technical, and financial assistance to implement conservation practices and technologies.
Greene County SWCD has noted the following as Critical Natural Resource Issues within the county. We will be addressing them on a regular basis. If you feel there is something that should come to our attention, please feel free to contact our office.
- Water Quality
- Soil Erosion
- Timber Management
- Conservation Education/Outreach
- Farm Safety
Visions of Success
- The district is respected for putting people with questions and concerns about soil, water, and related natural resource issues in touch with people with answers and solutions
- The district is recognized as the local hub that connects land users to educational, financial, and technical assistance for applying conservation practices and best management technologies to address soil and water quality problems
- Local citizens recognize the district as a key leader in soil and water quality
- Our board meetings are conducted on the 2nd Wednesday of each month unless otherwise advertised. The start time is 7AM. The public is always invited to attend.
- Donations for conservation purposes are tax deductible. Click here to learn more.
Deborah Lynn - GCSWCD District Coordinator
Board of Directors
Reece Booher – Board Chair